Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Penang Again!!!!

I strike back to penang again after 2 months !!! It was deepavali break the other day last week. So we decided to porkify ourself with penang food.

picture of a typical penang road, the skies are so beautiful.




We had ''Oh bueh'' which means Yam Rice, for brunch on the first day . It's too good to describe

This dish totally fit my main motive to penang, to porkify myself. The bowl of soup in the middle is a SINFUL bowl of pork intestines soup and the side is obviously the famous Yam rice. I realize penang dishes likes to put pork intestines in every dish, and my favourite is none other than their pig blood , "Jee Hoong" in cantonese.

The meal is completed with one of the finest egg tart in Penang.


Later we went Batu Ferringhi , The tourist spot of Penang where all the hotels are located and beaches basically everywhere. So we sneak in to a hotel my roommate recommended, Rasa Sayang .


However, I over estimated the beaches there, as I can see the sea water is milo in colour, and there were hardly any sea shells on the beach . According to my roommate this place was striked by the lethal tsunami a few years ago, causing a geographic change over there.

Yet we still have alot of fun..

My University mates




Camwhore "beach"





Great day ends with a beautiful sunset

We had dinner at Bukit Mertajam. A peaceful town located in the mainland of Penang.

The Famous Penang "Oh Chian" Oyster Omelette



This one on top is Penang"char koay teow" fried with duck egg. Something that you must try when you are at Bukit Mertajam. (The plate reminds me an old nyonya plate I use when I was young)


The next day , we went to the so called penang's most famous Asam Laksa. According to my roommate , this Laksa store only opens once a week and only for 2 hours in the morning from 11am to 1pm .It is located in some secluded place. It is so famous that they also import their laksa soup to singapore, seriously not exaggerating.


A pot of laksa soup like this finish selling every 20 minutes




The secret of a delicious pot of laksa soup. COOK IT WITH CHARCOAL.

Very cost effective, by making her own house as a stall and the customers eats at their living room


Everyone is looking at her preparing asam laksa outside her house. Notice the amount of people?



Finally a bowl of sinfully delicious asam laksa . Yes I have to say sinfully because it is the best I have eaten.

A bowl of the best asam laksa with a cup of refreshening "Cincau" .... So Good.



Obviously its a packet of "ta pao" asam laksa noodle. But if you put a thousand over packets together...

It looks like drug trafficking!!

Baby how I wish that you were there with me every moment , admiring the beautiful sunset while holding on to each other at the beach. The journey remains imperfect without you.





























No comments: